Welcome to my website. I am a research associate at Humboldt University in Berlin and a member of the BDPEMS faculty. I am also a fellow of the Berlin Center for Consumer Policies (BCCP) and a research associate of the Berlin Research Associates Program (BERA). Before that, I worked at Nuffield College (University of Oxford). I hold a PhD from Université libre de Bruxelles (ECARES). I am interested in microeconomic theory, applied to problems in industrial organization, public and environmental economics.
Contact address: Renaud Foucart, Spandauer Str. 1, 10178 Berlin, Germany, renaud.foucart <at> hu-berlin <dot> de
My vitae: August 2017
- The political economy of climate policy (with Robert C. Schmidt), July 2017
- Meta Search and Market Concentration, February 2017
- The scope and limits of accounting and judicial courts intervention in inefficient public procurement (with Antonio Estache) R&R at Journal of Public Economics, June 2017
- Bidding for network size (with Jana Friedrichsen), June 2016
- A reverse holdup problem – when workers’ lack of bargaining power slows economic adjustment (with Antonio Estache), November 2014
Peer reviewed publications:
- Strategic decentralization and the provision of global public goods (with Cheng Wan), accepted for publication in Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, the last working paper version is here
- Climate change mitigation with technology spillovers (with Grégoire Garsous), accepted for publication in Environmental and Resource Economics, the last working paper version is here
- Group consumption and product diversity: the case of smoking bans, accepted for publication in Journal of Industrial Economics, the last working paper version is here
- Modal Choice and Optimal Congestion (with Quentin David) , Regional Science and Urban Economics, 2014, vol.48, pp.12-20, the last working paper version is here.
- Western Financial Agents and Islamic Ethics (with Eddy S Fang), Journal of Business Ethics, 2014, vol.123, 3, pp.475-491
- Job creation through infrastructure investment in the Middle East and North Africa, (with Elena Ianchovichina, Antonio Estache, Grégoire Garsous and Tito Yepes), World Development, 2013, vol.45, pp.209-222 – the last working paper version is here
- Transport infrastructure failures in Spain: mismanagement and incompetence, or political capture? (with Germà Bel and Antonio Estache) in Corruption, Grabbing and Development: Real World Challenges, 2014, edited by Tina Soreide and Aled Williams (link google book)
- Autour du décret « Paysage », la politique de l’offre dans l’enseignement supérieur en Communauté française de Belgique, in “Le modèle social belge: quel avenir”, proceedings of the 2014 french speaking belgian economists’ conference (paper)
- Des comportements volatils prévisibles ? Une typologie des résultats électoraux basée sur le comportement des électeurs volatiles en Belgique (with Marjorie Gassner and Emilie Van Haute) (Cahier du Cevipol, 3/2012). The theory on which the paper is based, by the same authors, is part of the proceedings of the 2013 Annual Meeting of the Canadian Political Science Association, under the title: A simple tool to understand patterns of electoral volatility, available here
- Dispersion des prix et efficacité des marchés compétitif, Reflets et Perspectives de la Vie Economique, 2012, Volume LI, Issue 3
In the press:
Mémos ETA (2016) (corruption and incompetence), Le Soir (2016) (modal choice), Le Soir (2014) (electoral data), Le Soir (2009) (smoking bans), Le Soir (2009b) (fiscal federalism), L’Echo (2008) (education).