Welcome to my website. I am an assistant professor at Nottingham University Business School. Before that, I worked as a Research Associate at Humboldt University , Berlin and as a research fellow at Nuffield College (University of Oxford). I hold a PhD from Université libre de Bruxelles (ECARES). I am interested in microeconomic theory, applied to problems in industrial organization, public and environmental economics.
Contact address: Renaud Foucart, University of Nottingham, Jubilee Campus, Business School North, NG8 1BB, United Kingdom, renaud.foucart <at> gmail <dot> com
My vitae: February 2018
- On the political economy of climate policy (with Robert C. Schmidt), October 2017
- Meta Search and Market Concentration, November 2017
- Bidding for network size (with Jana Friedrichsen), June 2016
- A reverse holdup problem – when workers’ lack of bargaining power slows economic adjustment (with Antonio Estache), November 2014
Peer reviewed publications:
- The scope and limits of accounting and judicial courts intervention in inefficient public procurement (with Antonio Estache) , Journal of Public Economics, 2018, vol. 157, pp.95-106, the last working paper version is here
- Strategic decentralization and the provision of global public goods (with Cheng Wan), accepted for publication in Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, the last working paper version is here
- Climate change mitigation with technology spillovers (with Grégoire Garsous), accepted for publication in Environmental and Resource Economics, the last working paper version is here
- Innovations and technological comebacks (with Cheng Wan and Shidong Wan), accepted for publication in International Journal of Research in Marketing, the last working paper version is here
- Group consumption and product diversity: the case of smoking bans, Journal of Industrial Economics, 2017, vol.65, 3, pp.559-584, the last working paper version is here
- Modal Choice and Optimal Congestion (with Quentin David) , Regional Science and Urban Economics, 2014, vol.48, pp.12-20, the last working paper version is here.
- Western Financial Agents and Islamic Ethics (with Eddy S Fang), Journal of Business Ethics, 2014, vol.123, 3, pp.475-491
- Job creation through infrastructure investment in the Middle East and North Africa, (with Elena Ianchovichina, Antonio Estache, Grégoire Garsous and Tito Yepes), World Development, 2013, vol.45, pp.209-222 – the last working paper version is here
- Transport infrastructure failures in Spain: mismanagement and incompetence, or political capture? (with Germà Bel and Antonio Estache) in Corruption, Grabbing and Development: Real World Challenges, 2014, edited by Tina Soreide and Aled Williams (link google book)
- Autour du décret « Paysage », la politique de l’offre dans l’enseignement supérieur en Communauté française de Belgique, in “Le modèle social belge: quel avenir”, proceedings of the 2014 french speaking belgian economists’ conference (paper)
- Des comportements volatils prévisibles ? Une typologie des résultats électoraux basée sur le comportement des électeurs volatiles en Belgique (with Marjorie Gassner and Emilie Van Haute) (Cahier du Cevipol, 3/2012). The theory on which the paper is based, by the same authors, is part of the proceedings of the 2013 Annual Meeting of the Canadian Political Science Association, under the title: A simple tool to understand patterns of electoral volatility, available here
- Dispersion des prix et efficacité des marchés compétitif, Reflets et Perspectives de la Vie Economique, 2012, Volume LI, Issue 3
In the press:
Mémos ETA (2016) (corruption and incompetence), Le Soir (2016) (modal choice), Le Soir (2014) (electoral data), Le Soir (2009) (smoking bans), Le Soir (2009b) (fiscal federalism), L’Echo (2008) (education).